Hi, everyone! Since this is our first time doing the read-a-thon without Dewey, I hope you’ll forgive us as we’re very late in picking a few winners!
First, we have five winners from the end-of-event survey! They are:
- Margot from Joyfully Retired, who will get a box of the Earth Day books from Hachette
- Kristi from Books and Needlepoint, who will get a set of Nymeth’s bookmarks, as well as a book of her choice from our prize list
- Ali from Worducopia, who will receive one of Literate Housewife’s commemorative bookmarks and a book of her choice from our prize list
- Francesca from Scribacchina, who will receive a $15 gift card
- Melissa from Literary Adventures, who will also receive a $15 gift card
Next we have most time spent reading, which, from what we were able to determine was:
- Samantha from Bookworms and tea lovers!
Samantha read for over 21 hours! She’ll get one book up to $25 from Amazon, which was donated by Laura from Laura’s Reading Reflections. I know she’ll be like a kid in a candy store!
We had a tie for most enthusiastic cheerleaders, which was:
Both Eva and Beth will get a $20 gift certificate to Powell’s. Lucky girls!
We also randomly picked one participant from all four read-a-thons, and that was:
- Joy from Joystory
Joy wins a box of 14 new releases from Hachette. Woo hoo! That should give you plenty of books for the next read-a-thon, Joy!
Finally, we just wanted to announce that Vasilly was the winner of Eva’s Dewey mini-challenge. Congratulations, Vasilly! She won a box of Earth Day books and a set of two of Nymeth’s homemade bookmarks.
Many people who participated in the read-a-thon committed to reading for charity. Some of the charities that will receive a donation are ProLiteracy, Books for Africa, Book Wish Foundation, and Living Water International, just to name a few. Readers did a fantastic job raising a combined total of $1,478.94!
Of the readers who read for charity, we picked a random reader, which was:
- Michelle from 1morechapter
Michelle won a box of Earthday books and a set of homemade dishcloths donated by Dar.
Winners, please contact Hannah at wordlily at gmail to claim your loot!
We hope you’ll participate with us in the October 2009 read-a-thon! Dates have not yet been chosen, but we will let you know as soon as we have the October dates!