This is Kate from Kate’s Book Nook and I will be your cohost for the final hour of the readathon. We are there, guys. This is the end! Just one more hour to go! We can do it. Every minute that passes is a minute closer to sleep, or the rest of your day or everything else that you plan on doing today! It has been so much fun hanging out with you guys!
In this last post, I want to thank you, the readers and participants. Without you signing up and reading, this even wouldn’t be possible. It has been an honor, spending the last four hours chatting with you and getting to know you all a little bit better. You are fantastic and I hope to see you in April!
Video of the Hour:
Spoofs on our favorite books can be a lot of fun. This is a spoof on Harry Potter. It is from the Harry Potter Puppet Pals.
Random Fact of the Hour:
- Cinderella’s slippers were originally made out of fur. The story was changed in the 1600s by a translator. It was the left shoe that Aschenputtel (Cinderella) lost at the stairway, when the prince tried to follow her.
- Dr. Seuss wrote “Green Eggs and Ham” after his editor dared him to write a book using fewer than 50 different words.
A Readathon tradition! In your final Readathon post, answer these questions and then link to it with the Mr. Linky, below.
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- How many books did you read?
- What were the names of the books you read?
- Which book did you enjoy most?
- Which did you enjoy least?
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Door Prize Winners Announced -
E-mail email@example.com to claim a prize from the Prize Page!
Amanda Pennington (@MandaPantsReads)