Wow! I can’t believe the readathon was just last week…it seems like it was forever ago! Thanks to everyone for making the readathon so fantastic! I really love the book blogging community!
First and foremost, I want to thank the volunteers that eagerly and capably came to my aid. The readathon is extremely time consuming to administrate, and I really couldn’t have done it without these folks!
- Bethany at Dreadlock Girl
- Kim at Page After Page
- Shesten at I Heart Monster
- Jennifer Reading With Tequila
- Kathrin from Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic
- Jen at Devourer of Books
- Jill at Fizzy Thoughts
- Jenn at Jenn’s Bookshelves
- Boof at The Book Whisperer
- Sheila from One Person’s Journey Through a World of Books
- Ashley from Ashley’s Library
- Jennifer from Literate Housewife
- Wendy from Caribousmom
If I forgot someone, I apologize. The readathon is a blur, not just now, but when it was happening, so if I forgot you it’s just because you caught me at a time that I was unaware of my surroundings. Even more folks offered to help but I didn’t end up taking them up on their offer only because I’m still learning to delegate.
We like to announce mini-challenge winners here on the readathon site, and these are the mini-challenge winners we weren’t able to announce while the readathon was in progress:
- For Shel and Monica’s Hungry for More Challenge, the winner was Bekah from Bekah’s Bytes.
- For Kiki’s Go INDIE! Challenge, the winners were: First place: Melissa from One Librarian’s Book Reviews; Second place: Kanaye from Kanaye Speaks; Third place: Heidenkind from Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Books.
- For Alicia’s Cliffhanger Challenge, the winner was Fiction State of Mind.
- For Sheila’s Reading Sanctuary Challenge, the winner was Readerbuzz.
- The winner of Sparks Notes’ Most Hated Mini-Challenge was Bitsy at Fabula: A Book Blog.
- There is a correction to the winner of Sheila’s Once Upon a Time Challenge. The winner we originally announced was disqualified, and the new winner was Callista from SMS Book Reviews.
- The winners of Joy’s Reading is Fundamental Challenge were: Michelle~ New Horizon Reviews, Bonnie, Morphidae, infogoddess, and debnance at readerbuzz
We still have some winners to announce, folks who won after the readathon ended:
The prize for most time spent reading goes to the little reader for reading for 23.25 hours. Congratulations! You win one individual book of your choice and one prize pack. Please email deweyreadathon at gmail to claim your prize.
The prize for most pages read goes to Bitsy at Fabula: A Book Blog with 1,816 pages read. Congratulations! You win one individual book of your choice and one prize pack. Please email deweyreadathon at gmail to claim your prize.
We have two winners for Most Enthusiastic Cheerleader: Staci from Life in the Thumb and Bart from Bart’s Bookshelf. Staci will get the set of origami bookmarks from Bellezza and a prize pack OR two books of her choice, and Bart will get A set of 10 themed bookmarks from Morphidae and a prize pack OR two books of his choice. Congratulations you two! Please email deweyreadathon at gmail to claim your prize.
We also picked three winners for the End of Event Meme, and those folks are: Amused by Books, Lenore from Presenting Lenore, and Vicki from Reading at the Beach. Congratulations! You all won a prize pack OR two books of your choice. Please email deweyreadathon at gmail to claim your prize.
We inadvertantly forgot to announce the winners of the Mid-Event Survey! The winners of that and what they won are:
- Wendy from itsJUSTme won a book bundle of her choice and the chocolate coins
- Reading Teen won two books of their choice OR a book bundle
- Rebecca from Mood Swings and Other Furniture won two books of her choice OR a book bundle
- Trish from A Bushel and a Peck won two books of her choice OR a book bundle
- Martina from She Read a Book won two books of her choice OR a book bundle
Congratulations! Please email deweyreadathon to claim your prize.
In Hour 18, we asked people if they were raising money for charity. We randomly picked one person, and that’s m. smith gentry. Congratulations! You won the $25 gift card courtesy of Morphidae! Please email deweyreadathon at gmail to claim your prize.
Angels Still Needed
Okay, we are running low (actually in the red here) on Angels. Angels, you ask? Yes, we call them Angels because what they do is make it possible for the readathon prizes to be open internationally since many of the donors are already going out of their way to give the books, we need the Angels to pay to get them to the winners. This year we have more international peeps than usual and have completely run out of Angels!!!! We really need your help so that the readathoners from all over the world can get their books and bookie things. International Priority Flat Rate (envelope that fits one book, box that would fit a few) is $13.45. So it’s not too expensive, but we couldn’t do it without your help. If you are interested please head on over and fill out this Angel Form. Thank you so much!
**We also need angels in Europe! Please help make it possible for everyone in the world to win a book!
The Next Readathon
The next readathon is scheduled for October 9, 2010. Hope to see you then!
12 Comments »